Wednesday 30 November 2011

Let’s Put the Class Back in ABC…


Alright so I am going to assume most people have heard of an “Anything But Cloths party”. My question is though; Why is it that first thing our ladies pull out is saran wrap and tinsel? Come on girls, unless you want to be Dexter’s next victim let’s do something more original.

Inspiration is a great place to start! And with a theme like that anything goes, so why not go crazy! Look around your house for starters, I can’t tell you how tempted I was to make a garment out of multicoloured dish washing gloves. Eh eh. :D

Next is defiantly budget...

Wait, budget? Ah, well I am a starving art student gone starving artist here...

Hence my personal favourite place to start hunting: the dollar store. Up and down those isles are a collection of odds and end you can glue, sew and staple all over your body in countless ways shape and forms. The seasonal section is what I ended up settling on. One look at all those glorious red bows and I had blinders on! But please do not mistake this for a love of x-mas. That is defiantly lacking in this meat sack!

Speaking of meat... I’ve even known people crazy enough to make oh let's say, kilts out of bologna. I’d have to say be weary of that choice if you have pets. The fate of that particular garment was very short lived...

 With all this said I totally get time restrictions and limited budgets. But unless you’re going to do something like this (Above) Let’s try something new? :P  

P.S. To see more of my Bow Dress Check out: New Post

No comments:

Post a Comment